The biggest fear of most new customers, and why they often do not make a ‘buying decision and leave you in limbo, is buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid this at all costs and this should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur. There are two ways to deal with this:
– Offer to refund money-no questions asked
– Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
1. Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
2. Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
3. Offer a referral incentive.
4. Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
5. Offer package deals.
6. Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
7. Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
8. Offer financing options, if applicable.
9. Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
10. Offer special packaging or delivery.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market.