Success is determined by your ability to move people from the relational platform to the transactional platform in an authentic way. Too often updates sound like they were developed to scroll across the bottom of CNN. You will find little engagement if you don’t develop your narrative and become a master storyteller. Now get ready to tell your story.
Here are 5 ways to do that:
1. Create a personality-branded social media account in addition to a corporate-branded social media account. It is difficult to develop an engaging relationship with a business entity. Use a high profile person at the company, typically a founder or President. The profile of the account should be clear that about this persons role with the organization.
2. Enagage with your network. Authentic relationships are built on dialogue and are mutually beneficial.
3. Become a thought leader in a specific area and give information and resources away for free. People are much more likely to do business with an organization that has added-value to their lives with no expectation for return. There is truth to the proverbial saying “give and you will receive.”
4. Create a personality-branded blog to direct followers. The blog should have plenty of links where users can find out more about the company, including products or services offered.
5. When new products or services release, it’s perfectly acceptable to announce it with a post and a link directing users to a transactional website. These announcements should not account for more than 10% of your posts, however, or you risk users disengaging.